Sunday, October 5, 2008

blah blah blah blah

Looking forward to yet another Monday morning in the office, it occurs to me that what I'm dreading the most about returning to the grind isn't my endless project list, but rather the increasingly annoying bombardment of unnecessary chatter.

The endless project list is actually what I love about my job; the (in your best Russell Brand from Forgetting Sarah Marshall voice) "bullshit, bullshit, bullshit" however is what makes my skin crawl.

The gamut runs from those who just babble on and on about things no else could possibly care about to those who talk in cirlces using tired corporate jargon in an attempt to, sadly failed, sound professional, while everyone's eyes simply glaze over in boredom.

So as we all prepare to restart the grind, I'm reminded of these golden words from my favorite philosopher, Plato. "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."

Are you the wise man or the fool? For the sake of mine and everyone around you, choose the former over the latter.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP